As mentioned in the Mapping Clinical Treatment section, a mental health assessment is administered to every student, and is included in the cost of tuition.
A full psychological evaluation is available for an additional charge. This evaluation includes IQ testing, an academic screener to identify any potential learning problems, and a personality test battery to examine possible mental health issues. It also includes a substance abuse assessment and a current mental status exam.
The evaluation test battery includes:
- Wechsler Intelligence Scale For Children-Fourth Edition (WISC-IV)
- Wechsler Fundamental Academic Skills Test (WFAS)
- Adolescent Substance Abuse Subtle Screening Inventory (SASSI-A2)
- Suicide Probability Scale (SPS)
- Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory—Adolescent (MMPI-A)
- Millon Adolescent Clinical Inventory (MACI)
- Sach’s Sentence Completion
- Mental Status Examination
- File Review
- Clinical Staffing
- Clinical Interview
The psychological evaluation is used to clearly define the student’s needs, strengths, and concerns. Recommendations can also be made from the evaluation to help students after completion of the program.